Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Priorities




As a wife, a busy mom of three very active boys, and a professional network marketer, balance is something that I strive for on multiple levels and for many reasons.  Living a balanced life is a lofty goal and one that is a continuous work in progress to reach. I find myself in the process of examining my life and activities on a regular basis and shifting focus to stay on course. I am reminded that no matter how successful I may be in one area of my life, if it takes too much time or energy away from other things that are important, it is not healthy or beneficial in the overall scheme of things.  Learning how to find balance is a critical task, however,it will look different to various people.  It will depend on your beliefs, your values, what you desire out of life, your expectations, and your goals, both personal and professional.  I believe it is so important to set priorities and then schedule time and attention accordingly. Learning to set boundaries, guidelines, and rules for every area of our life will lead to an organized and balanced schedule.  Time management and planning are also essential when desiring to live in a healthy and content state of balance. If I get so caught up in my business that I miss meeting the needs of my family, then I need to adjust and and regroup and figure out a better way to plan my day. Being balanced is vital to the success and wellbeing of not only a business, but personal life as well.  There is nothing I love more than living the life I only dreamed possible while achieving personal and professional success and maintaining a state of balance that leads to happiness and fulfillment.

As I sat down and set goals for myself for the year 2014, I wanted to set specific guidelines and rules for our family to help us stay balanced.  Here is what I came up with!
  • Set priorities.  Family must come first.  There are rarely emergencies in network marketing so my team knows if I’m unavailable it’s for a good reason.
  • Schedule business hours and stick to them.  As a mom that now home schools, I work with the kids in the morning and save my business hours for nap time in the afternoon and after the boys go to bed.  I really have to focus and remind myself to give the time and attention that is required to the kids first and let them know that they are most important.  As the big boys get older though, they now see me work and I have used it as a teaching tool for setting goals, working hard, and we talk about the benefit of mom working from home.
  • Involve your spouse or significant other in order to maintain balance in your life.  This was a really hard one for me at first because I was married to a skeptical husband who did not support me in my business.  It took more than a year for him to come around and see the amazing world that has been opened up to us through network marketing.  We are a strong team now that works together.  He knows Monday night is my weekly local meeting and does everything he can to be home to help with the boys.  He also knows that Sunday night is my team training call and it’s his bath and bed evening with the kids.  Having help and working together has really helped create a balance at home that allows me to be successful both as a mom and an entrepreneur. 
  • Make a plan then stick to it! This is huge for me! If I don’t plan my time, I waste it and it gets away from me.  The most helpful thing for me has been to have an actual spiral planner.  I love scheduling my to do list and important things to get done then actually crossing them off the list.  It also helps me plan my day and my week and look ahead through out the whole year.

These are just a few of the ways that I’m learning to be a successful, productive and balanced wife, mom, and female network marketer.  Wishing you all peace and balance in every area of your life.  May you be blessed in all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment